Thursday, June 05, 2008

amazing



so this is me.

today was my second bikram yoga class, and if that's any indication of how i feel about it, tomorrow will be my third. i've even made arrangements to practice when i'm home in pennsylvania this weekend (yes, even scranton has a bikram yoga studio, though they provincially refer to it as 'hot yoga').
it's the most cleansing, balancing, disciplining, motivating activity there is. the default response to me telling people about my newfound love usually goes something like, "oh i tried it once, but it was too hot--i couldn't do it." ok first of all, it's not that hot. it's 110 degrees fahrenheit, and that's only 11.4 degrees higher than the human body's internal temperature (unless, of course, you're one of those unfortunate children on 'extreme makeover: home edition' who lack internal stabilization). second of all, if you don't try it again, you'll never know how much easier it gets (a truth i'll hopefully realize tomorrow when i go for the third session...tonight was a bitch).

so yeah. do the bikram. i feel terrific.

2 comments:

dit said...

I want to try this. It sounds good for the soul.

Doghigh said...

I love Bikram. True it made me nauseous as fuck the first couple of times but that eventually goes away. It is a little pricey though. For a while we would go to the different Bikram studios in the City and buy their "trial packages" for like $20. Now it's either keep my gym membership or Bikram. I've been going to the gym since I was 17 and can't stop. Bikram sadly has to wait unless "Yoga for the People" starts offering it! Glad you're enjoying this because it is amazing!!